28 June 2007

Preparing for the storm

Yes, the forecast predicts a storm. The sky has already darkened, the wind is picking up speed, the first drops of rain have it hit my face as a warning, the clouds draw this letters in the sky: BE PREPARED

And so I am starting the preparation. Nothing about putting away items I love or those I'm attached to. I'm making preparation for myself without knowing what to do. I suppose I could keep safe and stay in, close the shutters and lock the doors until it has gone. But I have done that many times. And so I'll go out and feel the raw and forgotten elements and emotions.

No wellies
No waterproofs
I'll need to feel and accept its full strength, bend, hold on

Something tells me that I will come through more humble, more compassionate and more free

No comments: