06 February 2007

Relationships

My answering machine speaks out their messages, my inbox flashes their yet unread emails and my phone keeps playing the 4 silly notes telling me they've sent texts...

Their voices are low and sorrowful, excited, irritated, shocked, puzzled or frustrated...

They pour their stories into my ears, unfold their problems on the table next to the steaming coffees, relate their difficulties to come unstuck, burst into laughters to avoid the tears, look away in shame and guilt, cry their desire to end the misery...

They're coming to me in numbers asking for more than friendship.
They ask my support, my opinion, my insights, my advice. Some even call it counsel.

The fantastic and fascinating thing is, the deal is evenly balanced... they give as much as I do... thank you


clairem --- 7 Feb 2007

1 comment:

Me Thinks.. said...

you write amazingly well...you said too many things without saying anything..brilliant piece of writing...