07 May 2008

powerful moon time

at the time of the new moon in Taurus - pleasure, fertility, natural abundance, material security, sensuality, conservation, values, self-worth, steady creative progress, slowing down

just past Beltane - Celtic festival of fire, fertility and love, also known as May Day, when maidens with flowers in their hair dance around the phallic May pole. At Beltane, the maiden met the Horned-God or Green Man in a cave, and coupled with him anonymously. It was a sacred act, and the fruits of that meeting were considered semi-divine. Taurus embodies divine desire, because it is a creative force that sustains life

putting 2 and 2 together and matching my last week with these important and powerful symbols, cermonies and rituals gives the experiences even more weight...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clairem,

I've been reading your blogs. Very interesting. I'm a taurus and your blog was flagged in my yahoo searches.
I am also a historical romance writer. One of my books is called, The Last Celtic Witch, so this also led me to your blog.
I wish you all the best on your path.
Kisses
Lyn

clairem said...

thanks for your words Lyn. What a wonderful and interesting worl the Internet is... wish you lots of inspiration, words pouring out of your pen? keyboard?